07 marzo 2011

Restaurante Le Provençal

Calle Isaac Peral, 61, Corralejo, Fuerteventura

Who goes to Spain to eat in a Provençal restaurant? As it happens, I do.

One sunny day July last year, I was walking along Calle Isaac Peral in Corralejo. I saw an unpretentious tapas bar which I thought could be worth exploring at some point. At that precise moment, however, I was looking for a peluquería so I walked by.

Some four months later, I found myself at the very same corner. The tapas bar was apparently shut down.

Last week, to my surprise, I found the place re-open and re-named. (By now you should have guessed that I hang in Corralejo a lot.) I saw a group of French-speaking people already sitting there, so I decided to give it a try.

I was greeted by its charming and attentive owner. (She speaks fluent English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. How is that?) Here's what I had:
  • Starter: gazpacho Andaluz. I have to admit this was the best gazpacho I've had so far.
  • Main: fish of the day was moray eel, pan-fried with herb sauce. I never tasted this fish before. It was delicious. However, it has many fine bones, so be extra careful, especially if you like to chat during your meal!
  • Dessert: Tarte Tatin with cream. Yummy, but next time I will have it with ice cream. Must be even yummier, n'est-ce pas?
That means, there definitely will be next time!

No hay comentarios: