09 octubre 2026

La canción de la semana #1033

Tarde ventura, the 16th album by Puerto Candelaria introducing their latest member, Geraldine Flórez aka "Zafra" (lead vocals and trumpet) is so improbably good that I had a real problem selecting the song for this week. I just couldn't choose between the covers — Aunque me cueste la vida by Luis Kalaff Pérez, Cariñito by Ángel Aníbal Rosado and especially ¿Qué pasará mañana? by José Luis Perales — or the originals like Le falta la firma, Nunca me faltes or Sin razón, all of them wonderful. After relistening the album n times, I finally picked Cordillera, the original penned by Juancho Valencia and Eduardo González. And what is your favourite track?

    "Zafra" Geraldine Flórez: vocals, trumpet
    "Sargento Remolacha" Juancho Valencia: accordion, vocals
    "El Caballero" Eduardo González: bass, vocals
    "Diggy pajarito" Didier Martínez: percussion
    "Luka" Lucas Tobón: alto sax
    "Rux" Juan Esteban Rúa: trombone
    Abril Vásquez: flute

No hay comentarios: